Creating a Corporate Eventing Planning Company
It is the final episode of 2020. What a year it has been. Who is ready for 2021??? Me! lol If you are ready to start new or maybe diversify your portfolio, corporate events could be a great place to start. While in-person events are harder to do these days, these events are still happening and need consultants to help more than ever. Today we are talking with Reyna Caraveo of RAC Events and Design out of San Marcos, Texas. She specializes in Corporate Event Planning. Check out the video below to learn how to grow, diversify, or create a corporate event planning company today.
All the details of Creating a Corporate Event Planning Company
1) Tell us about your family and your business. My name is Reyna Caraveo and I am the Creative Director and CEO of R.A.C. Events and Design based in San Marcos, TX which is in between the San Antonio and Austin markets. I am a Hispanic female business owner, and also a mom to 5-year-old daughter. My family has lived in this area for almost 10 years now, and I’m going on year four of owning an event management company that specializes in corporate events specifically for the media and entertainment industries.
2) What was the most important tool you had when starting your business? Connections, connections, connections! Having contacts already within the industry can help you immensely. Even just one person can help to grow your network if you’re just starting out.
3) What past knowledge did you bring into the creation of your company that you could not have lived without? Because social media and a website are important when starting a business, marketing and a graphic design skill set can really help. You can’t invest in them right out the gate, so most often self-employed businesses will have to do a lot of the leg work themselves before hiring out. You can be self-taught or go to school for it, but it is a part of the business work that will help drive sales.
4) Would you recommend starting a corporate event planning company without prior experience working for another company/university/non-profit? Not ideally no. You will be far more successful, especially in the corporate world, if you have prior event experience vs going it alone. If you’re learning and tailoring past experiences to expand your skillset to corporate events, then you have a higher chance of success.
5) How do you obtain most of your clients? Primarily word of mouth by networking at professional development events or client and vendor referrals.
Reyna’s Top 3 Tips to Growing your Corporate Event Planning Company
- Learn – Always do your research! When wanting to venture into unknown territory, or explore a new clientele, you must understand the market and behind-the-scenes operations.
- Network – One way to continue to improve your expertise is to network with other professionals in the field. Connections can help you learn more about a specific market, or industry, and spread the word about your services.
- Grow – Learning is growth, and so is a new business. With your research and networking as an ongoing practice, you will continue to grow your expertise as well as your clientele.
There you have it, friends! Be sure to follow Reyna on Instagram and subscribe to our channel to get updates on all our new videos. Our team is currently on maternity leave, but we can’t wait to hear all of your thoughts on this episode. Speaking of maternity leave…if you missed our three-part series on planning for maternity leave you should really check it out here!